Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So, what now?

Since I'm finished with my major edits, I've sent it off to beta-readers, but don't expect feedback until the end of August.

I could work on polishing the story, but what's the point? You don't re-paint a wall three days before you take a crowbar to it...

So what I am going to do is read. Read as close to my genre, and as much of it as I can.

Here's the first chunk of my reading list:

The Pricker Boy by Reade Scott Whinnem
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Holes by Louis Sachar
The Orphan's Tales Book 2 by Catherynne Valente
The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier

Basically, I'm looking for books that have a slight fantastical element with a 10-15 year old male protagonist, or dark fairy-tales. I have a couple others I have in mind, but I'm totally up to suggestions!

1 comment:

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)