Monday, November 14, 2011

NaNo, Day 14

Well, I JUST got home... the wind was so bad, my ferry home was delayed, then I had to detour to pick up the pets from jail.

My little beagle is a favourite of theirs since she's so sweet and easy. My black cat... not so easy, but he seems to like the owner (so, no hissing, growling, biting and he'll actually let her touch him!!)

...and every time I pick them up, my little black cat astounds them.

He's kept one floor down from the kennel entrance behind a total of three closed doors. There is almost no possibility that he could hear my voice, yet the moment I come to pick them up, he crawls into his carrying bag and just sits there waiting. That is the second astounding thing. He HATES his bag. And I do not use that term lightly.

So, I got home, realized the husband didn't lock the front door when he left for work this morning, and now I'm about to give the beagle a bath since she's always covered in slobber/etc after roughhousing with 20 other dogs for three days.

Then I think I will make a nice, hot cup of tea and relax until the husband gets home. So, perhaps I'll try to get in a few words tonight, but I'm pretty wiped.

Oh, and for all those that asked, the game was AWESOME!! The Hawks beat the Ravens and, even though it rained on the drive down and on the drive up, it was clear throughout the game. It was really cool to spend the whole day with my dad and we had some pretty interesting conversations about uncertainty/risk, the butterfly effect, open systems vs. closed systems, and a ton of other really nerdy things.

So, we had fun ;)

Oh, I also figured out the end of my NaNo story. Now I just gotta figure out what happened the night Jackson died ;)

How are all you guys doing on your writing goals? ...or non-writing goals?

3 comments:

  1. Great - the weather for you worked out and a day with dad sounds awesome - I used to have chats like that - different subjects - with my dad

    I've sent out chapter one of my kids to a few people (if you want a peek let me know) and that class is almost over - yea! Today I had an easy day and just wrote a story for my weekly bloggy inspired by a friend.

    Good for you - I usually figure out my endings well except for the unfished project - before I finish the story

    I look forward to what you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been down, briefly out and away and have returned to see if I can make some progress. I've got some lagging to make up for so we'll see how this goes.

    Glad you had an awesome time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good time, it's always good to have a break and spend time with the ones you love.

    ReplyDelete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)