Thursday, November 17, 2011

Finally the answer...

...if you've been reading my posts at all, you'll notice the absurd number of ellipses I use.

On my blog is fine, but when I'm writing, I've never been certain of the precise grammar rules for ellipses and all the different kinds of dashes.

So, I was delighted to find this article today.

I have definitely bookmarked it for future editing purposes ;)

...now, if I can only find out the correct grammar for formatting a stutter, I'd be golden ;)

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I also love using ellipses in my writing. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use of ellipses has a bad rap. I happen to like the little suckers.

    Thanks for the link. I copied and pasted the post onto a Word doc for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. I always remove them from my writing (and do tend to use the dash instead) since they feel like something that belongs in comic books more than novels.

    ReplyDelete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)