Thursday, October 20, 2011

You know it's time for a break when...

...you type 'whos' instead of 'show', 'purple' instead of 'people' and 'cannibal' instead of 'can't'

...you read the same line multiple times and can't make heads nor tails of it. And that line is only 4 words long

...you suddenly have no idea what the main character's name is or even which letter of the alphabet it starts with

...it takes you 6 tries to type the word 'situation', so you give in and accept the automatic spelling suggestion, which you later realize was 'simplification' because your spelling was so horrendously wrong, even after 6 tries

...you make the following insightful comment: "when the word he swithed here, the charater should think the think the chnegesslnaet, 'cause otherwise tt doesn't make sense."

...you have to open spellcheck to make sure you spelled the word 'uses' correctly

...you look to the corner of your screen to check the time and find you can't read/understand the numbers and whether or not that means you've forgotten/skipped lunch again


If you're dyslexic, this is when you know it's time to take a break from beta-reading :)


btw, the purpose of this post was to give you a laugh :)
I'm in Vancouver right now for my grandmother's funeral. It's in a couple hours and I really needed a laugh today, so I thought instead I'd try to make you all laugh ;)

11 comments:

  1. Oh I'm jealous. I'd love to see Vancouver, even if it was to attend a funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the laugh! I lived in Vancouver for a year. I miss it. It's been a long time since I've been back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vancouver is gorgeous, sorry for your loss. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for thinking of us. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a great job! Sorry about your grandma

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks for the laugh. Sorry about your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up your spirits. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughter is good for the soul, even at these times. You are extra sweet to give us a laugh...and I laughed until I cried. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vancouver is where I grew up, so even though I don't live here anymore, I still consider it *home* :)

    Thanks, guys. It's been a tough day and I'm glad to be crawling into bed early tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the laugh (even though the reason is sad). And I agree, it would make so much more sense for the character to think the chnegesslnaet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ writeidea

    hey, I thought it was a pretty enlightened comment!

    ReplyDelete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)