Friday, August 5, 2011

Proactive vs. Passive

This is a lesson I learned just recently.

In fact, it's one of the major reasons I re-wrote my *blurb* for Project #2. In the previous incarnation, the emphasis was about what was happening to/around the characters when, at the heart of the story, it's about an older brother desperately struggling to protect his younger brother.

The new title reflects this as well.

Sure, the characters ended up in a bad place, but that downward spiral is simply backstory, how they climb back up again... that's the real story. I know my blurb needs to be re-written again, but at least this version reflects the real story rather than the backstory, so I figure I'm on the right track.

What about your blurbs? Do they emphasize your characters being proactive, or does it seem like they are only reacting to what happens to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)