Tuesday, November 6, 2012

NaNo Day 6

Since Alcar asked for an excerpt (sorry, not at the lady of crows part yet), here's a taste of Project #5. This morning I've written about 1,000 words, but I've still got about 4,000 to go for me to catch up. Yesterday I was so exhausted I couldn't even write one sentence and ended up going to bed at 7:15pm, so deliriously tired that I set the alarm an hour earlier than necessary AND left two chicken breasts I had been defrosting in the microwave... in the microwave all night. Yuck!

Be warned, this will be sparse, and probably full of grammar errors and run-on sentences ;) Yup... my usual brand of gloriously problematic first-draft material :) For those of you out of the loop, I'm writing my own Northern fairytale this year, which is kindof a mash-up between Inuit/Eskimo/Siberian/N. European folklore. I've got an extremely rough blurb (which reads more like an outline) on my 'What I'm Writing' page.



6 comments:

  1. wow, I'm so intrigued. Even with grammatical mistakes, it sucked me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice any blatant grammar flaws, so good job! (And I hate it when I forget the chicken...grr...hate to waste money like that!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? ...that surprises me... grammar is my weakest-point...

      Yeah, I wasn't please when I opened the microwave this morning... though the dog seems unusually alert... guess she could smell it.

      Delete
  3. Very interesting; I posted my theory as so what she' give up on nano. (Basically, her sister and/or other family.) Shall be interesting to see if that is right at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, since I'm winging the story (as always), I'LL be interested in seeing if you're right ;)

      Delete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)