Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Moving


I'm going to be a bit scattered for the next couple of weeks. Right now, my husband and I live in two cities split between three residences... and the stress has nearly killed us, so we're getting rid of two and moving into the third, which is a very old house that I affectionately refer to as 'the witch's hut' or simply 'deathtrap'.

I'm going to be going back and forth between two cities (involving ferry travel = 5 hour journey each way from point to point), packing up, coordinating movers, then I need to bring in a number of trades to fix the witch's hut to a livable state... like someone to fix the roof which is currently crumbling like gingerbread in the wet, west coast weather. I also need an exterminator to kill the carpenter ants, a plumber to check the copper piping which is about 15 years past its prime, and a painter to cover up the gloriously repulsive turquoise and pink walls.

Somewhere in there I have to convince my evil black cat to go willingly to the kennel for a week so I can retain what little sanity I have, and to not bite anyone while there. The dog is easy since she can be bribed. The cat... not so much. He's a rescue cat, so he has major issues around people and animals. Seriously, one time he cornered a 120 lb Labrador. The dog was whimpering and cowering and ended up jumping OVER a queen sized bed just to get away.

...I'm also near-obsessing on my edits for Project #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)