Sunday, November 4, 2012

NaNo, day... 4?

Well, I lost 2 full days of writing.

Today was a Seahawks game (Woo-hoo: 30-20 win over the Vikings, and 4 sacks!). Since the husband had to work this weekend, I drove over to Vancouver yesterday and took my dad to the game today. Since I haven't seen my parents in... hmmm... about a month, I couldn't very well lock myself in the spare bedroom and type away madly.

Instead, I played *the good daughter* and chatted with them, watched a movie, and other expected social rituals for those who aren't crazy-shut-in-NaNo-writers.

So, tomorrow (after the 45 minute drive, the 40-60 minute wait, the 90 minute ferry ride, and the 40 minute drive home), I guess I have some catching up to do :)

How is everyone else doing? I peeked at my writing buddy stats and felt a few stabs of envy at their progress...




EDIT: oh, one cool thing, I got to point out to my dad the I-5 exit that my 'Brake Fluid' characters would have taken en route to dump Jackson's body ;)

Yes, it does exist.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing excerpts about the lady of the crows, then :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I so can't wait to get to that part of the story, but I'm forcing myself not to jump ahead ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm behind on words after writing til 1;30 am So be it the story is getting written but I have other life issues to deal with. I also must edit to some extent or else I'll have no idea what I want to say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We each have our own processes :) I think it's great that you're challenging yourself with NaNo this month :)

      Delete
  3. glad you had a good time with family. I took Sunday off to hang with the hubs...I'll catch up on the NaNoing later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice :) ...I'm sure the kids were happy to have your fully undivided attention as well :)

      Delete

Type me out a line of Shakespeare or a line of nonsense. Dumb-blonde-jokes & Irish jokes will make me laugh myself silly :)