...after witnessing the god-awful "Canadian Tuxedos" worn at the Olympics closing ceremony...
Seriously HBC*, what the hell were you thinking? I mean, I know Canadians are known for being good natured and don't mind poking fun at ourselves**, but how about we don't add to the list of complete falsehoods like:
1) we drink maple syrup right out of the tree
2) we all live in igloos, hunt moose, and ride dog sleds
3) we're all hockey-crazed lunatics
4) wool socks with sandals... need I say more?
5) as soon as you cross the border from the USA into Canada, the temperature drops 40 degrees
...and those are just a few actual things I've been asked about by a certain unmentionable person I once met from Colorado. Seriously, the guy thought when you crossed the border, all the roads would be unpaved and he actually packed a feather-down jacket when he visited us in Vancouver. In June.
I have never once in my entire life worn, or ever met another Canadian who has worn, "the Canadian Tuxedo".
From what I understand, the jean jacket was originally made/sold by HBC, so I think they're promoting themselves/their own history more than anything else.
* The company that designed all the athletes clothing for the Olympics
** I mean, hey, just google videos of the closing Olympics for Vancouver 2010... no one is better at mocking Canadians than Canadians